Pages

Sunday, December 06, 2015

The Magic Bobbin

It took quite a while, but I finally finished plying the Gotland this past week. For a while there it felt like I had a magic bobbin that never ran out of singles!


I'm pretty pleased with this yarn. After washing and finishing, it ended up sport weight, for the most part, and approximately 533 yards. It took quite a while to wind this yarn off onto my niddy noddy, let me tell you! But it came off nicely balanced and plumped up a little in the wash. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I have a decent amount for something.

Now I am craving color after all that gray. Unfortunately, knitting is the priority now, what with all the gifts I have to get done in the next week, so I'm using this lovely-looking bobbin as a bit of motivation.


This is what I have spun thus far of my Southern Cross Fibre Corriedale in Splendour (though in truth I haven't touched it in more than a week). It would be nice to get this yarn finished before we go on our winter vacation, so I'll be giving this a lot of attention once I do finish the knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Love that Gotland handspun! Good luck finishing up the prsents.

    ReplyDelete