Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

At Long Last

Did you know that knitting rows of 200+ stitches in 1x1 rib takes a long time? And did you know that binding off that many stitches using a two-step stretchy bind off can take as long as an hour? If you didn't, then now you do. Those long rows are the reason why it took me three evenings of knitting to finish and bind off the ribbed border of my Hitofude. But, finally, it is done. I finished binding off last night while watching the hockey game, and it will be blocked tonight while the Mister puts Rainbow to bed. I'll do a full, official write-up once it's blocked and I can take some modeled pictures, but here is a preview:


Now that this longtime project is done, I can finally cast on for Waiting for Rain, my LYS's next knitalong shawl. The yarn has been wound and patiently waiting for the past week and a half or so, and the needles I wanted to use have been freed up now that the sweater is off the needles.

I am still knitting the socks you got a peek at last week, and they will soon be joined by some other design projects. This beautiful pile of yarn -- the last batch of yarn support I was awaiting for this collection -- arrived yesterday.


It's all from Fibernymph Dye Works -- two skeins of Bounce (fingering weight), two skeins of Bona Fide (DK weight), and two skeins of Cozy (worsted weight). This squishy pile will soon be turned into four new designs. I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait to see the modeled shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hitofude looks so good! I've seen so many great projects of this, I really need to get started on one of my own. I love all the colors in yours, it's definitely a standout piece!

    ReplyDelete