Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Knit Therapy

Is is really Thursday already? It's been a heck of a week. I'm not sure if it's been the chaos at work or the heat outside, but I've been utterly exhausted every night this week (and then, illogically, not sleeping well). Thank goodness I've got my knitting to de-stress -- although I suppose it's less than effective if the knitting is so meditative that you start to nod off while doing it.

Last night I finished off a quick project and it was super satisfying. You got a peek at this the other day, but now that it's all done, I'll give you the full view.


This hat (and the socks that you've seen a bit of before) are part of a collection of patterns I'm planning to release this fall. All the patterns are inspired by my beloved hometown. This hat will eventually have a coordinating pair of mittens; once I'm finished with my commission knitting, they will be the next thing on the needles.

I'm particularly proud of my even tension on this hat. Just take a look at these floats!


My hope is to get the pattern finished up (I just have to do some calculations for the other sizes) and off to my tech editor this weekend. Here's hoping that the rest of the patterns in the collection move along this easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment