Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Much More In than Out

There's a bit of fiber imbalance going on here, and it's been magnified this week. I've been trying not to buy fiber (save for my two fiber clubs) in the interest of getting the stash under control, but there have been times I've been weak. And this week, there has been more fiber coming into the stash than has been spun up.

First, both of my fiber clubs showed up. Here's the Southern Cross Fibre May shipment, a 75% Bond/25% suri alpaca blend. I got the colorway Get Happy.


Then the final shipment of this round of the FatCatKnits club showed up, in two colorways called Molly and Jesse on BFL:


Because there wasn't nearly enough FCK fiber in the stash already, I went online to order the special Tour de Fleece colorway. Another braid (a Day's End braid, so one of a kind) fell into my shopping cart as well. Ginny apparently happened to have both on hand when my order came in, so she got it right in the mail and I had it in hand in a couple of days.

The TdF colorway is called On Your Mark, and I ordered it on 72% superwash merino/14% bamboo, 14% nylon.


Its travel companion was 4 oz. of 75% Polwarth/25% mulberry silk; Ginny calls this Day's End color Gorgeous, and I think it is rather.


I'm doing my best to spin as fast as I can, and I'm almost done with the merino on my wheel:


That strip of fiber there is all that's left to be spun, and while I don't think I'll get it quite done tonight, it should be done by tomorrow. It's a good thing that the Tour de Fleece is coming up and I'll have a good excuse to spin as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment