Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Picking Up Speed

Most would think of the summer as a slow time for knitting, what with the high temperatures. For me, though, the pace seems to have picked up significantly.

I spent a pretty good chunk of time on Friday working on my Waiting for Rain. I haven't touched it since then, but I now have only the last garter and short-row lace section to work before the bottom border. And are the rows ever long now!


This shawl has officially reached blob stage; there's just no way to stretch it out on the needles in such a way that you can actually make sense of what it looks like.

Where real progress has been made is the socks I've been working on -- they're done! I Kitchenered the toe of the second sock and blocked the pair last night (I don't usually block socks, but these really needed it).


This is just a peek at the finished socks until they're ready for public consumption. The next step is to put all my jotted notes into a cohesive pattern, lay it out, and get it to my tech editor. I'm excited about finishing these because they're the first sample in the planned collection I'm going to release this fall. The next sample has already been cast on (and is going a lot faster, not least due to the fact that it's in worsted weight yarn). You can have a peek at that as well:


As if all this wasn't enough, yarn support arrived yesterday for a magazine commission, and it arrived way behind schedule, so I'll be doing some speed secret knitting for the next week or two.

I do wish there were more hours in the day to get all these things done -- I could really use extra time to stay on track with my deadlines and to get more meters in for my Stash Dash goal. My current total is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,600 meters, give or take. I was hoping to get to 7,000K this year, but I'm not sure that I'll make it. I did get a fair chunk of my current total done in the first couple of weeks, but that was mainly due to having three bobbins of singles spun and ready to be plied beforehand plus finishing up my Hitofude. I really need to up my game if I'm going to hit that goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment