Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's just about that time again -- Indie Design Gift-a-long time!


Just what is the Gift-a-long (or GAL, for short)? It's a giant celebration of holiday gift crafting shining a spotlight on independent designers. For roughly five weeks, knitters and crocheters will be crafting along together on Ravelry while they also chat and play fun games. The whole thing kicks off with a giant pattern sale: All participating designers have created a bundle of 10-20 patterns that will be 25% off for the first week of the GAL. All patterns by participating designers are eligible for the KAL/CALs, and all paid patterns are eligible to win prizes (which include download codes for free patterns as well as some pretty amazing physical prizes).

I am participating in the event again this year as both a designer and a moderator. I'm also planning on knitting some things myself, and I'll admit I'm being totally selfish and knitting only for me this year. I've already got my yarn wound up and ready to be cast on:


These skeins are both handspun, and I'm very excited to be knitting them.

If you'd like to find out more about the GAL, go check out the Ravelry group (and don't be intimidated by the size of the threads there -- just jump in anywhere you like!). You can find my bundle of sale patterns here. Hope to see you on the GAL board!

1 comment: