Pages

Friday, November 03, 2023

It's Friday -- Right?

It has been one of those weeks in which the schedule has been atypical and thus I've been struggling to keep track of what day it is, but I have double-checked and it is, indeed, Friday -- thank goodness! Work hasn't been too busy this week, but in addition to the daily work meetings I've had three Zoom rabbi interviews, and I really need some time away from screens.

A plus side of the meetings is that I've been able to craft through them (a definite plus of working from home!), and yesterday I finished up the singles for my current spin, so I'm all ready to ply today.

I'm really excited to see how this looks plied up, so keep your fingers crossed that work is calm enough today to allow me to get it done!

I promised I would share a photo of the yarn Mo picked out for her sweater last weekend, so I snapped one when the sun was out yesterday:

This is Shirsty Cat Designs Just DK, an uber-soft superwash Merino, in the colorway Antique Gown. I am hoping that Mo will be able to get started on this project the week of Thanksgiving; the school musical she is in (she is Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast Jr.) will wrap up the week before, and she is off Wednesday through Friday that week.

Finally, I cast on a new design sample, a shawl I've been thinking about for several months now and for which I picked out yarn several weeks ago. While it's not quite exactly like what I was picturing in my head, I'm very happy with how it's knitting up.

This is a Hitchhiker-esque shawl, meaning it will be a long asymmetrical triangle, and the stripes will be made using a gradient set of mini skeins. So far, so good! Ideally I'd like to finish this up this month and, provided my tech editor has the time to edit it, publish it next month. I'm self-publishing, so it doesn't really matter when I do it, but I think I'm more likely to focus on it if I give myself a deadline.

Okay, time to hit publish and get ready for my work meeting. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend, friends!

7 comments:

  1. That shawl sample is gorgeous. Love the shell stitch at the end. Mo's yarn is very pretty. Has she picked a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mo's choice for her first sweater! Beautiful yarn! (and that glimpse of your new design... LOVE!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a mixed-up week this week as well, Sarah. I keep telling myself "it is FRIDAY" today. (Although it doesn't feel like it at all yet.) I love Mo's yarn. It's just beautiful! (I'm a sucker for those colors.) But now . . . I want to see her in her Cogsworth costume!!!! What fun!!! And your new shawl design is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also anxious to see what those singles look like plied, so I hope work doesn't interfere. Mo's yarn is lovely and will make a beautiful sweater. And I can't wait for your new design! It reminds me of Martina Behm's Leftie, which I've always meant to knit, but have never gotten to. I really like the "holes and shells" at the ends of the teeth and I'll almost certainly knit this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo has chosen well! That yarn is gorgeous and will knit up into a gorgeous sweater. Your new shawl design is so pretty (love the shell motif at the ends). And the green & ivory are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn for Mo's sweater is beautiful and I'm excited for her to start once she's done playin Cogsworth - how cute the must be in that costume! Your new shawl design is wonderful, that edge is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mo has very pretty yarn for her sweater. I'm anxious to hear how that project goes for her. The colors on the bobbin are gorgeous and the shawl design looks so pretty. I hope you've had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete