Pages

Monday, November 20, 2023

Kicking Off the Short Week

Good morning and happy Monday! I'm finding starting off the week is a lot easier knowing that it's a short week. Mo only has two days of school this week, and though I'm working through Wednesday (the university is closed Thursday and Friday), I expect a lot of people in my office will be off more days and we'll likely have an earlier closure on Wednesday, so it feels a bit like I get some extra vacation time.

The second and third performances of Mo's musical went very well, despite a few technical difficulties with the lighting. My parents went with us on Friday and my in-laws and brother-in-law were with us on Saturday (my sister-in-law was supposed to join us but came down with strep throat, poor thing). There was a reception after the final performance on Saturday, complete with sparkling cider in champagne flutes for the cast, and it was a complete delight to see how pleased they all were with how hard they had worked and what amazing shows they'd put on. Here's a bonus Cogsworth photo for you:

I did indeed knit my way through all three performances, and in case you were wondering, that translated to about four and a half inches of hat knit:

There is still quite a lot of hat to knit (the ball of yarn weighs about 65 g still, and I won't start the crown decreases until I have 10 g left), but I feel like I've at least made good progress.

Also seeing good progress is my latest spinning project - I'm almost finished with the first bobbin of singles!


Getting this skein done this week might be a bit ambitious, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility. It all depends on how busy work is.

Speaking of busy, tomorrow evening the Indie Designer Giftalong kicks off on Ravelry, and as I'm a member of the mod team, that means it's the start of six busy weeks outside work for me. I'm sure many if not all of you know about this event, but I thought I'd mention it because it starts with a weeklong pattern sale by participating designers, and that includes yours truly -- you know, just in case you want to treat yourself to a pattern or two.

Have a good Monday, all!

9 comments:

  1. Those are some glowing parents with that adorable Cogsworth! :) And thanks for the Giftalong reminder! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of you all with the most charming Cogsworth ever! XO Enjoy the week -- and I hope you all can kick your feet up and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Mo on her wonderful performance as Cogsworth! Everyone looks quite delighted in that photo. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that spin and thanks for the reminder about the Indie Designer Giftalong. I'm not sure I'll do too much gift knitting but I am looking forward to the long list of participating designers and perusing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another round of congrats to Mo! Great family picture there...thanks for sharing it ♥.
    I just checked out the Rav GAL. I'd love to hear about your 'behind the scenes' experience! And here's to a mellow work week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture of you three...the smiles say it all. Congrats to Mo on what must have been a fabulous performance. I was not aware of the gift-along, so I will be checking that out. My "office" (in quotes because no one goes in!!) closes at 1 on Wednesday and is closed Thursday and Friday. Cheers to shortened work weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo made a great Cogsworth! The smile says it all.

    Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving and cheers to a short week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great family photo! Thank you for the info on the Giftalong. I don't go on Ravelry much so I appreciate knowing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo of the three of you! and I can only imagine the happy "yay, it's OVER!" thoughts running through your heads. Cheers to a SHORT work week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A reception after the last performance is a great idea. Here's to your short work week. Many thanks for serving as a moderator for the Indie Designer Giftalong. Most years I add a few patterns to my Rav library. Enjoy your short week and may you have some extra time off on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete