Pages

Friday, April 12, 2024

Gone Afoul

Happy Friday from a very wet Pittsburgh! I am technically "on vacation" today, both because I was bumping up against my accrual limit and because Mo is off from school today and we wanted to have a girls' day. We had planned to go to a mall and do some shopping, but we had a lot of rain move through yesterday, resulting in a lot of flash flooding around the area, so I think we will put that off until the weekend and instead have a quiet day indoors. Frankly, that's just fine with me, as I am a bit obsessed with my current project:


Does it look like a chicken yet? I started this on Wednesday and got both tail sections done that evening, and I did most of the body yesterday. I'm now partway through the head and have only the rest of that, the comb and wattle, and the belly panel left to do, all of which I'm pretty sure I can do today. I'm planning to add some poly pellets inside the stuffing, and I'm going to sew them up inside some fabric to make sure they stay safely inside, so I'll have to get the sewing machine out as well. And yes, I'm aware that blue is not a traditional color for chickens, but I wanted a little variety and I had it. I highly doubt a 1-year-old is going to complain.

We have nothing planned for the weekend, so I hope to catch up on some sleep and get outside when it dries out. I hope it's a good one for you!

8 comments:

  1. The flooding is not good here either! My backyard is edging to Pond Status! I am IN LOVE with that chicken construction!

    Have a good weekend and stay dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hand-raised nearly 50 chicks over the years, and I'm all for your color choice! (You're not too far off, really. The Silkie breed has a dark blue skin and a bluish beak. So go with it!) What a fun project for a rainy day. I'd be tempted to make one of those into a door stop for our sunroom. (Brick on the bottom?) What's your expert opinion on that?
    Hope you and Mo enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting looking and gives me a better idea of how the chicken is knit. Maybe it's a Delaware Blue Hen? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors for that chicken! I can't wait to see him when he's a smidge more three-dimensional :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your sweater, I'm a bit confused on the coming together of your chicken! LOL. But, I do love the colors. Hope your day wasn't too soggy and that you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken looks like it is fun to knit. Honestly, I think the Northeast part of the country is about to need an ark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t believe the craze around the Emotional Support Chicken… it’s cute though and I look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never in a million years would have thought I'd be knitting a chicken, but here I am!

      Delete