Pages

Monday, April 08, 2024

Rested and Eclipse Ready

Happy Eclipse Day! We are not in the path of totality here, but we'll see something like 97% coverage here (assuming the clouds don't roll in). The timing coincides perfectly with school pick-up, so Mo and I have a plan to meet on a side street near her school to watch it from there.

The weekend was relaxing, which I needed. I did have to get up to an alarm on Saturday because I had to go get some routine bloodwork done and needed to be fasting, but I had nothing else on the schedule and was able to get in a couple of good walks and lots of knitting time. Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. It started off a little cold, but the sky was clear and the sun was warm. We had the blinds up on the sliding glass doors in our family room all afternoon so we could get all of that beautiful sunshine in the house. Mo and I watched the women's NCAA championship game in the afternoon, and I got a ton of work done on my sweater:

I'm in the home stretch now! I'm working decreases on every round of the sleeve for a while, so the stitch count is going to go down rapidly. Once the sleeve is done, all that's left to do is the neckline and the bottom hem. I still have plenty of yarn, and I may make the body a little longer than called for because of it.

Today I have a special guest keeping me company:

My brother was concerned that the dog walker might come to take him out during the eclipse (yes, he's a little overprotective), so he's staying with me while he and my sister-in-law are at work. We also have some workmen coming today to fix an issue with our sliding glass doors, so there will be lots of excitement around the house. The only real difference this will make for me is that I'll move my "office" downstairs for the day.

Hope your week is off to a good start and, if you're near the path of totality, you're able to see the eclipse today!

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see that sweet pup face! He looks all ready for whatever the day brings! (Sherman is getting in his post brekkie nap right now! LOL)

    That basketball game was so so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your co-worker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet co-worker you have! I'm glad you and Mo have eclipse plans, especially with 97% totality. We're only at 90% here but I'll see what I see this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love doggie eyeliner! What a sweetheart!
    We were in the path of totality here...and what a cool experience. I was admittedly underwhelmed (as is typical of me whenever there's hype)--but it really was a special experience. The clouds cleared JUST in time--then covered back up quickly! What luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday! love your office partner for the day. We were somewhere in the 85% range and I was surprised how cool it was to watch ... it was also fun that many of our neighbors were outside watching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your office mate had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got to see some eclipse coverage and didn't get rained out! Your coworker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to have an office mate for the day -- and an adorable one, at that! I hope the sky was clear enough for you to enjoy the eclipse. Ours was at the same % as yours, and it was quite cool! (We were lucky to have clear skies; such a rarity here for April.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at that sweet houseguest. I hope the sky was clear in PA so you and Mo had a good view of the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete