Pages

Friday, June 14, 2024

No Such Thing as a Day Off

TGIF! I am technically off today but was up at the normal time because there are many things I am planning to do today. For one thing, I want to get my run in before it becomes beastly hot! But it's also going to be a girl's day -- Mo and I are planning to go shopping this afternoon. I will be baking challah for dinner tonight. And there will be laundry (there's always laundry). But! I am finishing the week with an FO:

These have been in progress for a while, so I'm glad I could finally give them enough attention to finish them. They're for my sister-in-law (the one with the small feet) for her birthday in September, so I'll block them and then put them away until then. I used my plain vanilla recipe over 68 stitches for these. The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in the colorway White Russian. The name makes sense for the white and brown stripes, but I'm not sure what the pink, blue, and yellow have to do with it. They didn't ask for my opinion when they were naming it!

I thought about starting another sweater this week but thought I should knit some charity hats first. I don't remember if I've mentioned it on the blog, but Mo and I are headed to a knitting retreat -- TwinSet Summer Camp -- out in eastern PA next month, and they will be collecting hats for Knit the Rainbow. I think I only have one charity hat in my stack at the moment, so this seemed like a good time to build that up. And because it's Pride month, why not get out the rainbow yarn?

This is the start of a Bousta Beanie using some leftover West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply (if it looks familiar, it's because I used it for these socks. I'm only using two colors rather than the three called for in the pattern, but it'll look like more because of the self-striping.

We've got a relaxing weekend planned, with only a Father's Day brunch on the schedule (I am in charge of making cinnamon rolls). I'm bracing for the hot temperatures that are predicted and planning for lots of cool beverages and maybe some naps indoors. Hope it's a good one for you!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I love the start of that rainbow hat! Enjoy your afternoon! (but stay cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are great even if the colorway be may slightly misnamed, and they are certainly done in plenty of time! Building up your stash of charity hats is a very nice idea, and I bet your cinnamon rolls will be tasty. Have a good weekend and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Here it comes . . . the first heat wave of the season (for us, at least; maybe for you, too?). Stay cool -- and enjoy a lovely and relaxing weekend with your family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny -- as soon as I read 'White Russian,' I looked back at the stripes and thought, "Hmmm...." I laughed when I read your next sentence :)
    And as for the weather -- I'm hot and sweaty enough already! 90, with humidity, next Friday! And I have to be somewhere in person, with other people sitting fairly close that day. Ew.
    Enjoy that cinnamon roll bake while you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heat wave is headed our way next week and we'll be setting up our tiny backyard pool! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the heat we've had the last few days is headed your direction. Enjoy the weekend though and stay cool. And yes, there is always laundry. That makes me smile. The socks will make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete