Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to the Status Quo

Now that the shawl is off the needles (and thank you all for your very nice comments!), I am back to working on the usual: a pair of socks, which I hope to have finished up by this weekend, and the mystery shawl, which is not very much different from the last time you saw it. I am anxious to finish it up in the next few days, too, in part because I'm more than ready to be done, but also because I need the needles for another project.

I pulled my spinning wheel out again on Monday (it'd gone into hiding in my fiber room for a bit to stay safe and clean while we had a new sliding glass door installed right next to where I usually spin). I'm trying to spin at least half an hour every day, and it's definitely helping that I using some dreamy fiber.

This is some of the Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino I scored in their summer sale. It's incredibly soft and so well prepped that I didn't need to predraft at all. I'm doing a traditional three ply, aiming for fingering weight, with this fiber. I can't wait to see how this turns out when it's plied.

I don't have much else in the way of fibery stuff, but perhaps you'd like to see the visitor I had in my garden today. Notice how carefully he's checking me out to make sure I photograph him from his good side.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, praying mantises give me the willies. How big was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, that is some pretty fiber! san francisco, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love praying mantises!! Good shot of it. Bill was driving down the road and had one in his hair once. It was apparently pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:52 PM

    I'm looking forward to watching your Crown Mtn Fiber develop into yarn. I bet your spinning wheel missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:59 AM

    What beautiful fiber; I can't wait to see the yarn!

    ReplyDelete