Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Anticipation Is Killing Me

It's almost time to leave for vacation. Less than 12 hours from now, I'll be on my way. But boy did this last day ever try my patience! After barely sleeping last night because the Mister came down with food poisoning, I was up early this morning to make Miss Rainbow pancakes for breakfast for her birthday (she's 7 today -- can you believe it?) and then the two of us braved the cold to get her to school on time. Then I walked to work in sub-zero wind chills and arrived partially frozen (where I was uncovered) and partially sweating (where I had too many layers). All I can say is that I am very much looking forward to some heat and humidity!

Before all the excitement last night, I did manage to make a respectable pompom out of the remaining yarn for Rainbow's Eiswasser, with just a couple of yards to spare. It's now safely tucked in with my clothes in my suitcase; I'll get her to model it once she's opened it.

Since finishing the hat, I picked up a pair of socks that I cast on after Thanksgiving dinner and promptly forgot about. They're being knit out of Fibernymph Dye Works Traveler (a sport weight sock yarn) in the Gilmore Girls-inspired colorway Coffee at Luke's. This base reminds me a lot of Socks That Rock but it has nylon in it, so I'm hoping it'll be more durable. So far I have about 2/3 of the leg of the first sock done.


Given how fast these are going (and that they're coming in my carry-on bag rather than my checked suitcase), I thought it couldn't hurt to throw in a safety skein of sock yarn -- just in case. This is a skein of White Birch Fiber Arts fingering that I received in a swap. I believe it's self-striping, but I'm not 100% sure, so it'll be a fun surprise.


Right, it's time to go finish packing and get ready to get up very early tomorrow. My next post should be a lot more cheerful because by then I will have gotten a good dose of vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment