Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2019

More Done than Undone

It's been a very busy weekend, busy enough that I am still trying to get caught up, but in between all the running around I've managed to ply up my first Polwarth skein.


I could have fit more on the bobbin, but I'd rather have skeins that are similar in length than trying to see how much I can cram on one bobbin and I figured this was full enough. I have skeined it up but not washed it yet (I'll wait and wash them all at the same time), and it's a good-sized skein.


It's definitely in the fingering area now, but I'm expecting it to poof up quite a bit when washed, as Polwarth often does. I calculated what my yardage would be if I lost as much 20% (which is a lot) and I'd still get more than 400 yards, so I'm thinking I should end up with a decent amount of yarn if my other skeins are comparable!

2 comments:

  1. It's plied beautifully, and now I can't wait to see it washed, poofed up, and then knit into something lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is just so lovely! I am hoping your week is less busy that your weekend!

    ReplyDelete