Pages

Sunday, September 01, 2019

Final Steps

Is it really and truly the first day of September? I'm in a bit of a denial -- this year is going by much too quickly for my taste, especially given that I feel like I haven't gotten as much done in the past eight months as I would have liked. But at least some things are wrapping up or getting close to being wrapped up.

It's Labor Day weekend here in the US, so it's a long weekend (we all have the day off tomorrow). The Mister, after getting back from a work trip Thursday night, left for a weekend away for my brother's bachelor party, and Rainbow and I wisely did not schedule much of anything for the weekend. Aside from the few errands we've run together, she has spent most of the weekend building and rebuilding a Lego house and watching terrible kids TV shows. I have done some chores around the house, but I've also been spinning, knitting, and reading.

One thing I'm really trying to finish is this big spinning project that's been on the wheel for the past two months or so. I'm on the third and final bobbin of singles, and as of this moment, I have only 16 little fiber bundles left to spin.


I did most of this spinning yesterday afternoon while I finished listening to the audiobook of Emma, which was most enjoyable. I am hopeful that I can finish up this bobbin in the next week or so and start plying by next weekend.

After finishing the audiobook yesterday afternoon, I finished reading Brass last night after putting Rainbow to bed, and that officially gave me the cover-all for Summer Book Bingo I'd so been hoping to achieve. I really didn't think it would happen, so seeing this full card (and with time to spare, no less) is bringing me a lot of pleasure. Those last two books also took me over my original reading challenge for the year, so I feel like at least in this one area of my life, I'm ahead of schedule for the year!


I've created a Summer Book Bingo 2019 shelf to my Goodreads account, so if you'd like to see what I read and what I thought, you can take a look. I'm very glad to have participated this year, but it's also rather freeing to now pick what to read next without having to think of where it can fit in my bingo card.

Tomorrow the Mister and I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary (which, frankly, seems crazypants to me), so tonight the three of us will be going out to dinner to mark it. We have no plans tomorrow other than an early dinner at my parents', so I'm looking forward to getting some serious sweater knitting done. I'm also hoping the weather will cooperate and I'll be able to get out for a run, as I haven't gotten one in in the past two weeks. It's also a little crazy to me that I just typed that, but I've actually started to enjoy running a bit -- and, now that it's September, it's less than a month until the first 5K of the year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your weekend does sound like a great one - your spinning is coming along nicely, congratulations on your cover-all, and still another day left for sweater knitting. You do sound like a productive, motivated, and goal-oriented person, and it shows in many aspects of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both! That is a wonderful achievement! And, BRAVO on your coverall! WOOOOO!

    I am so excited to see you ply your big spin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah - there's so much to celebrate in this post! Happy Anniversary, YAY for that Bingo coverall and wow, so much spinning! It seems to me that these first 8 months have been productive - at least in terms of family, reading and spinning (and knitting) - wishing you more of that for the rest of 2019!

    ReplyDelete