Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

Fit Check? Check!

I promised you a modeled photo of my sweater, and I'm delighted that I can follow through on that promise! Last night I decided I had enough fabric knit under the arms for the sweater to be stable enough to try on, and Rainbow was nice enough to take some photos for me.


It's a little hard to tell here, but the fit is perfect. There's just enough positive ease that it's comfortable but not so much that it's baggy. I think you can see the difference best if you compare this photo to the one of me trying on the previous iteration of this sweater when I was more or less in the same point in the pattern. It's worth noting that the shirt I was wearing yesterday was also a looser fit. I'm also glad that I made the decision to add length to the collar. The collar looks a little chunkier now, but I think it will keep the top of the sweater in place and also keep my neck a bit warmer.

I knew going into this version of the sweater that the fabric was going to be quite different -- there's a big difference between a superwash merino/nylon and a rustic, somewhat crunchy Romney/Falkland! Where I'm seeing it the most, however, is at the side panels. I was a little dissatisfied with this area in the first sweater because I thought the increases looked a little sloppy. Everything is nice and tidy with this yarn, though!


There's so much more body and structure to this yarn, and while it's not going to be as drapey as the first sweater, I think I'm going to like this version even more because it's holding its shape so well.

It's another beautiful, warm day here in SW Florida, and I'm planning to get in another long walk once I get through some work. Tomorrow we're driving to the opposite coast to see my aunt and uncle, so there will be plenty of knitting time in the car there and back -- and of course it will be wonderful to see family we haven't seen since last summer. Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always impressed by how much knitting you get done, and even more so now that you're in FL! This sweater looks great and I hope you get a lot more knitting time. Have a wonderful, relaxing, WARM weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rare that we as knitters ever get to say that the fit is perfect! Congratulations and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn looks like a good match for the pattern. Hooray (and a sigh of relief) that the fit is working out well. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when you get to this point and you know you are on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its looking fantastic so far! Gorgeous colour too :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay and woohoo!! and what a great lesson that re-knitting is sometimes the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty shade of orange and that looks wonderful on you Sarah! Hoping your weekend was a fun one. Glad you are in sunny/warm FL - it is freezing in Eastern PA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And . . . even better . . . this one will fit you! :-) I really love the color, Sarah, and I think the yarn shows the texture of the design so nicely. It's going to be a lovely sweater -- and you're just going to town with the knitting!

    ReplyDelete