Pages

Monday, March 07, 2022

You Asked for It ...

Happy Monday -- a very gloomy, wet Monday in our neck of the woods. It's very dark inside without any lights on, and that means bad photos of knitting, but because you all don't seem to be bored of my Shifty updates, here's one that I'm hoping will be the final one with Shifty still as a WIP. This is the current state of my sleeves:


The sleeve on the right needs just the rest of the cuff to be finished, and the sleeve on the left is waiting patiently for the darkest main color to be joined so it can be completed -- about 80 or so rounds plus the cuff remaining. I know that seems like a lot, but the rounds are relatively short compared to the body, and there are five more decrease rounds included in that. I did end up adding some rounds to the first sleeve (one more repeat of the "small blips" and "big blips") and including two additional decreases to make the cuffs snugger, and I'm making the cuffs a bit longer than called for, too. I think that should get the sleeves to hit right at the base of my hands, and I'm hoping to block them just a tad longer. The end of last week was very busy, so I didn't get as much knitting done during the day, but I'm hoping today will be calmer and enable me to finish up both sleeves before I go to bed tonight. That might be a bit ambitious, but there's nothing like a big goal to motivate you, right?

I'm headed out shortly to try to get in my walk while the rain is still relatively light, but I'll leave you with a cute photo from the weekend:


Rainbow and I had a Girl Scout meeting on Saturday at the home of one of her classmates, and this is her 9-year-old Samoyed Lacey. Apparently Lacey recently went to the groomer, and said groomer got a little snip-happy and shaved off a little too much of Lacey's floof, so now she looks like an oversized Westie! She's very friendly, and I probably spent more time petting her than working on my knitting while we were there (you can see my purse with my project bag behind her). If I can't yet have my own dog, I'm going to take full advantage of my time with other people's dogs!

I hope this Monday is gentle to you and is the start of a good week. I hope to see you back here on Wednesday with a finished sweater!

9 comments:

  1. I am so fascinated with this sweater - not enough to knit one but I have loved watching it grow. That yarn is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Wednesday and seeing your whole Shifty - hopefully with you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sleeves and how they get progressively darker. That is a very cute dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So close!!! And it looks so fab Sarah. I cannot wait to see the FO (Wednesday hopefully). What a sweet looking dog - even if the groomer was a little too enthusiastic (and that might be a good cut for summer months!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jumper is sooooo nearly done now! Its looking fab.
    Such a cute doggie :)
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lacey is adorable! I love her 'Westie cut.' I'm surprised to hear she's 9?! That style makes her look very young :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet pup! So glad you got a chance to enjoy some time with her. :-)
    (And that sweater is as good as finished, Sarah!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one adorable doggo! :)

    And I am betting that your sweater is finished by now! Bravo! (and yay for another grey day in our neck of the woods!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, tomorrow is Wednesday - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete