Pages

Friday, November 11, 2022

Wet Friday

It's a very wet Friday here, as we have the remnants of Hurricane Nicole moving through today. I've taken the day off from work, as Rainbow is off from school (the trimester ended yesterday, so today is a teacher in-service day), but I have a busy day planned. This morning I'm going to get fingerprinted to get PSA PreCheck, and this afternoon we have an appointment to pick out linens for the bat mitzvah and then are headed to have a dress for the event altered. But we have a very calm weekend planned, so I am hoping to make some significant progress on my Recalibrate!

Here is where it stands this morning (apologies for the terrible photo quality -- it's not easy to take a photo when it's so dark outside even with the sun up!). I'd originally planned to knit a stripe on one side and then the other, but then I decided to put smaller stripes of the semisolid blue in between the mini skeins, and because I don't want even more ends to weave in, I'm keeping that big skein attached. I have worked out that I can work five garter ridges with half of each mini skein, and with two ridges in the blue in between, that means I will need to use seven mini skeins on each side, so here's the progression I've worked out:

I realize looking at it that I've arranged the colors right to left in the photo, but I think you can still get the idea. I'm more or less putting them in an order that gradually goes from dark to light, and I'm trying to make sure that there are colors in common in the stripes to the left and right of each.

What I'm most happy about with this project is that my math to rework it for my gauge seems to be working out just fine thus far, and I think if I need to make adjustments as I get further along, I should be able to do it on the fly. I am hoping that I can speed up my progress on it now that I've figured out a few key things!

I hope your Friday isn't too soggy and you have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it is absolutely wet out! Sherman and I were soaked from his morning walk (and I had an umbrella! Ha!)

    Perfect day to stay indoors and read and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that it's beginning to look more like a sweater, but I do love the colors! I'm very interested in seeing the rest of it as you knit. I hope that after a busy Friday your weekend is calm and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such an interesting sweater construction, Sarah. I love your plans, and can't wait to see it come to life. Enjoy your busy day -- and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got that weather here today, it's very dreary out there with lots of wind and rain. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like yesterday was a delightfully productive day--moving toward exciting things, like easy winter travel and a beautiful BIG event! Enjoy your mellow weekend there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting construction on that sweater. Hooray for gauge math that works out well.

    ReplyDelete