Pages

Monday, November 07, 2022

When Monday Is a Rest

I'm sure the people who look forward to Mondays are few and far between, but today, I am one of them. I usually don't enjoy Mondays, but we're coming off a busy weekend and I am looking forward to the relative calm of the daily routine. The stuff keeping us busy was good stuff (Rainbow went to the bat mitzvah of one of her friends from preschool, the Mister and I had a date night, the kid and I volunteered at a clothing drive at our synagogue, and we had family over for dinner last night), but busy is busy.

We also had a weekend in which it felt more like June than November. It was so warm in the house last night that we slept with the windows open!

Although I didn't get a ton of crafting time over the weekend (because in addition to all the activities, I still had to do the usual laundry and cleaning and chores that get done over the weekend), I did make some progress on my Recalibrate. The pattern has you knit the two center strips (one for the front one for the back) first, then you knit the sides by picking up stitches along each side of them and casting on stitches to bridge the gap between them. I am planning on making the sides of my sweater match one another, so I'll be knitting one side and then the other with each mini skein as I go (I figured it would be easier to weigh each mini skein as I knit with it and break it when I've used roughly half than to divide them ahead of time).


I have wound nine of the dozen mini skeins to start, leaving out the ones that don't quite seem to match the others. But I've been pleasantly surprised by how the colors in those I've wound have changed from hank to center-pull ball:


I am hoping that the nine mini skeins (which are each 20 g and 80 yards) will be enough for the body. The three that have not been wound all have shades of green, brown, and/or orange and rather go together, so if they're not needed for the sweater, they'll work beautifully together in a charity hat.

And with that, it's time to start my work week. Happy Monday-ing!

8 comments:

  1. With the time change, a return to daily routine sounds like a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Routines aren't always a bad thing, they keep us grounded. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday, Sarah! (It's actually my favorite day of the week...) Sounds like you have a smart and sensible plan there. Can't wait to see those colors come together in the body. (For this 'rustic knitter,' picking up stitches always feels sloppy to me. I suspect I never learned how to do it correctly, despite the tutorials I've watched.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Monday delivered with an ordinary routine. You have a good plan for the sweater. I look forward to watching your progress. The mini skeins look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Monday was a nice break for you! Can't wait to see your sweater grow - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your Monday got you a bit of rest and back on track! I hope your day was good and I really think your start of Recalibrate looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you needed a weekend to recover from your weekend! ;-) I hope your "regular" week brings you the structure you need to feel balanced again. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Monday was as ordinary as you hoped. Recalibrate has some interesting construction, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete