Pages

Friday, March 10, 2023

A Wee Break

Ah, hello Friday! Yesterday was a very long day, ending with an evening board meeting that didn't wrap up until almost 9:30, so I'm feeling very lucky that I have a day off today. It's the Friday of spring break week, so my office is officially closed. It's still going to be moderately busy today, as I have my annual check-ups with both my PCP and my gynecologist, but at least I won't have to do any work. I did think about going to Costco in between my appointments, but I think I'll save that for the weekend and enjoy my day off, especially after such a long day yesterday.

If you were wondering just how much of a sock foot I could knit during a board meeting, here's your answer -- everything above the hot pink safety pin (about 2.5 inches):

I am sorry to say that yet again I did not get a puppy for my birthday, despite asking for one for several years now, but the Mister did surprise me with some gorgeous roses yesterday:

I also received a new pair of AirPods; I've been making do with his older pair that accidentally went through the washer and somehow still worked but would crap out after less than an hour of use, even when fully charged. They're charging now and I'll give them a try later this morning when I head to the doctor's office.

I hope your Friday is a good one and you have a great weekend -- in spite of the fact that it'll be an hour shorter than usual!

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! And I hope it is smooth sailing at both your doctors appointments! Have a great break! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another belated birthday wish! Those roses are lovely and the air pods are certainly nice, but neither of them is as adorable as a puppy. I hope you have a good birthday weekend, and be sure to take an extra hour for yourself today so you don't get short-changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! The roses are beautiful. One day I'll spring for some AirPods. Right now I'm making do with knock offs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Sorry about the puppy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I splurged on some Air Pods awhile back and really enjoy them, especially when flying. The roses are beautiful, a nice birthday treat and a lift during this last fling with winter. The socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those roses are gorgeous! Enjoy your new AirPods and I hope your doctor's visits went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty flowers - and how lovely to have a whole day off as a belated birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Sarah! Love the sock and the roses are beautiful. Hope both your doctor visits went well and that your weekend was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous roses, Sarah! And new AirPods! Those will be such a treat for you. (We've had a couple of pairs go through the wash. But ours didn't work afterward . . . ) Love your new "pup!" XO

    ReplyDelete