Pages

Friday, January 05, 2024

Slow Going

TGIF! It's been a very long week for one that has only been a four-day work week (and a three-day school week for Mo); work's been very busy, leaving me little time for the really important stuff. I've managed a little spinning during work meetings, but my knitting has been done mainly only in the evening, which means there has not been much of it. Here's the current state of my Birch Pullover:

I'm ready to work the second decrease (out of 11 total), and I've joined the next partial skein of yarn, so I'm alternating strands every round. That slows things down more, of course, because there's some untwisting or untangling to do every time I start a new round, but it's all part of the process. And I know that if I can work on it for a longer period of time, I can make some measurable progress on it. The good news is that will happen this weekend. We're expecting a storm to move through -- that big one that's currently moving across the middle of the country and headed for the Northeast. We're only supposed to get 1-3 inches over the whole weekend, so not a major event for us, but it will still be a good excuse to stay in with my knitting.

I wish I had more to share, but that's really about it. Hope you have a good weekend, and if you're in the path of that storm, stay safe and warm!

11 comments:

  1. I hope we do get a nice dusting of snow... dusting being the ideal amount! lol I hope you find some time to settle in with your sleeves! That sweater will be a welcome thing on these chilly January days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That storm is headed our way, too, and I've seen predictions from 1 inch to a foot! Sometimes our nearness to the ocean makes it tricky to predict but this one seems especially vague. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DID feel like a long week! Hope you get some lovely knitting time this weekend. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birch is so pretty that no apologies are necessary! We're supposed to get some sort of precipitation this weekend, but the predictions are all over. I'm thinking very strong "no snow" thoughts so we'll see how that works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, would not mind a storm. The larders are full with plenty of things to cook up, I've got lots of projects to work on and a bunch of reading I'd like to get to. I've cancelled plans to meet with Dee tomorrow (more because of how I feel and my cold than the weather), and my plan is to be in ALL weekend. I hope next week is an easier one for all of us. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing quite as satisfying as working on a knitting project while it snows outside! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting and snow sounds lovely! I haven’t done as much knitting as I had hoped too this week but happy with what I did manage to accomplish. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping all the hullabaloo they're making about this storm ends up being much ado about nothing, at least in our case. We've had light snow off and on all week, so it's not especially exciting, but all the same I'd be happy to watch it come down while I'm inside with my knitting in my lap!

      Delete
  8. I'll take any reason to hunker down and be cozy! Let's hope you get just the right amount -- and I could take a little less wind than we've been getting. Good grief, the poor tree limbs. But cold and snow and fiber and something in the oven sounds like a fine equation. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater is going to be so beautiful. Staying in on a snowy weekend sounds perfect, as long as the power doesn't go out. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's snowing here now, as I type this comment. But I'm pretty sure it won't amount to much in the end. Perfect weather for staying inside and knitting a sleeve! XO

    ReplyDelete