Pages

Monday, February 06, 2006

ONE FOR THE THUMB!

This says it all:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPS!!!!!

(Perhaps now my favorite #86 will change the spelling of his name to Heinz....)

I'm convinced that my knitting had something to do with this victory -- it seemed to work during the AFC Championship game, after all. I picked up my Jaywalkers sometime during the second quarter and had only a few rows left on the toes when the game ended, at which point I was very excited and thought it might be a good idea to put down my very sharp dpn's. Ten minutes of lunchtime knitting today, and here you have it:


Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina
Yarn: KnitPicks Sock Landscape (100% merino) in Cape Cod colorway
Needles: US 2 Inox aluminum dpn's
Mods: None, just knitted the larger size ('cause I have such big feet). You can't really see it here, but my tension was a lot tighter in the second sock. I think I was still worried about that freakish won't-fit-over-my-heel moment in my first attempt at these (granted, it was caused by my not following the pattern!) and knit the first sock a little on the looser side. But I absolutely love this pattern, and as soon as finished weaving in the ends on the second sock I cast on for another set. Those, however, will not be seeing my feet for quite some time, since they will be cast eagerly aside in favor of Blanche-Neige in only four days!

3 comments:

  1. Great job. I've been wanting to try that pattern. I have some of the exact same yarn in my stash. I wondered what it would look like in that pattern. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You are a sock knitting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I love that pattern even though I haven't knit it. I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete