Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quelle Surprise!

***** Warning! Rockin' Sock Club Spoiler Alert! *****

This evening I arrived home much later than usual and utterly exhausted, having worked a full day, run an errand, and gone to a meeting. I was preparing to wolf down my leftovers from last night's stir fry, put on my pajamas, and make like a couch potato -- except there was a little pick-me-up waiting for me: my April Rockin' Sock Club shipment!

For the sake of those of you who have not yet received your shipment and want to be surprised, I won't say anymore. Those of you who would like to see it and hear about it, bear with me for a moment.

C'mon, scroll down!




















Still with me? Good. May I present to you (drumroll, please) ...


Walking on the Wild Tide! This is Socks That Rock Silkie, a blend of 89% superwash merino and 19% silk, which apparently yield a 108% wonderful and delicious sock yarn.


I'll admit that I had peeked at photos posted on blogs of those who had already received their yarn, but this skein is even more beautiful in person. What looked like plies of white mixed with the color is actually plies of a lighter shade of each color, and the colors themselves are classic Blue Moon -- rich and vibrant. I can't wait to see how this knits up.

I guess I really have to finish the Most Boring Socks Ever now, don't I?

6 comments:

  1. Tina is the most with the dye and (are you ready) lives about 5 miles from my house. She and I have drifted apart but she is my all time favorite dyer! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy math but pretty yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is so pretty! And tee hee! they really did get their math wrong, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That new sock yarn is gorgeous! I've wondered about knitting socks with a wool-silk blend but don't have any idea about how well the silk wears. Any info?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have rockin' sock club envy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that colorway at my
    LYS yet, but I'm sure going to ask for it now. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete