Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

WIPage

There have been no exciting knitterly goings-on here in the past few days, so in an effort to keep you entertained (all two or three of you who are still reading), I've decided a run-down of the WIPs is in order.

First up are the wild 'n crazy socks for J. Sock #2 is now into its gussets. The leg of this one went much faster than the leg of sock #1, but I seem to be losing momentum (not helped by the fact that I did not take lunch today). My goal is to finish this one up by the end of the week, as we are taking a quick trip to Cleveland and I'd like to take something new for car knitting.

Next up is the second Inside Out sock, aka the February sock from the Rockin' Sock Club, aka the phallic sock. I'm ready for my second (of five) cable rounds, which means I have roughly 30 rows left to knit. I'm going to do my darnedest to finish this baby up tonight.

Here comes perennial Elizabeth Zimmermann favorite, the Baby Surprise Jacket. (That blue lump it's sitting atop is my French Market Bag, which is finally being used to hold yarn instead of just looking pretty.) I haven't touched this in at least a week, but really I haven't felt any urgency to work on it. The recipient-to-be isn't due to make his/her arrival until mid-May when, with any luck, it will finally be spring in the greater Chicago area, meaning baby cousin will not be in desperate need of wool sweater.

Shedir. Did you forget I was knitting this? So did I. I probably could have used a new hat in the past week, but it looks like it's finally going to be getting back to normal spring temperatures in the next few days. Again, no real urgency for wool. I'll finish it eventually.

What is this? It's the tube scarf I started for my mother -- on or around Christmas of 2006. The yarn was purchased Thanksgiving weekend of 2006. Mom hasn't asked about it since I started it (although she'll probably see it now and want to know where it is, which will be just the kick in the pants I'll need to finish this).


WEBS and UPS have informed me that my yarn has been shipped and is due to deliver tomorrow, so there will be a little winding party here tomorrow evening. Perhaps I'll have a finished object report for you as well -- watch this space!

7 comments:

  1. You have lots of lovely WIPs - you are so close to being done with the wild 'n crazy socks! Only stockinette left! And I've never heard of a tube scarf, I hope you show it modeled when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of WIP's! I don't think I could handle that many, all that yarn begging for attention...too much pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really not many WIP at all. You could get them all finished up as the car knitting, if not before.

    I commend your restraint.

    Want some of mine (grin) that have been gracefully aging for a number of years? Oops, I probably should call them UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Those certainly are some wild and crazy socks - no plain grey there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Your projects look great. Just so you know, the sweater could be used today in Chicago. It's snowing and sleeting here... mid-April. A couple of weeks ago it was almost 80.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Love the colours in the wild'n'crazy socks. What yarn/colourway is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Shedir is fantastic in a variegated yarn - I knit 3 of them but all in the Rowan Calmer that the pattern designated and don't know if I've ever seen them in multicoloured before - - I really really really like it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete