Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Flabbergasted, Flattered, and a Finished Object

I am so amazed at the number of visitors I've had to my site since Stephanie linked to me. Thank you to those of you who left me a comment -- it's been so exciting to see where you all are and discover new blogs as a result! I am slowly working my way through responding to all the comments, replying by e-mail when I can and leaving comments on blogs when I can't. For those of you who I can't contact either way, thank you for stopping by! I think that Rev. Linda said it best -- this is truly a communKNITy. It's wonderful that we can find each other and get inspiration from one another thanks to the wonder that is the World Wide Web (or the Internets, if you prefer). I hope you'll continue to stop by my little knitblogging corner of the world from time to time so that I'll remember to visit your blogs and see what wonderful things you're creating.

I've had at least one request to post the pattern for the baby socks that Stephanie mentioned she'd seen on my blog when she visited. (For the record, yes, I was surprised that she'd been to my blog, but more so that she remembered what I'd just knit -- sometimes I don't even remember what I've just knit! Why do you think I keep a blog?!) I'll be posting that pattern later this week, so check back.

In the meantime, remember that sock I was knitting on Friday? It's done, and as of yesterday at lunch, so is its mate. These are now dubbed my Harlot Socks:

Pattern: Basic stockinette with 2x2 ribbing at cuff, worked over 64 stitches (very similar to the basic sock recipe in Knitting Rules!)
Yarn: Austerman Step (75% superwash wool, 25% nylon, infused with aloe vera and jojoba oil), color 02/wasser, one skein
Needles: two 12" US 1/2.25 mm Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: March 27/April 2

I tried very hard to get the striping to match up, which wasn't as easy as it is with self-striping yarn with shorter color repeats. I did not pay much attention to where in the pattern I started the first sock, so I was very lucky to be only about a row or two off in the second.

These feel absolutely fabulous on, and I'm counting on them softening up my feet. Today it's a bit warm for wool socks (we hit a high in the upper 70s), but it looks like I only have to wait two days to wear these -- would you believe it's supposed to snow on Thursday?

6 comments:

  1. Well I, for one, am VERY impressed that the stripes lined up that much since I was unsuccessful with my Austermann....but then, I think I've already mentioned that before on our blog. NICE job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I saw some Austerman Step while we were on vacation, but there were no colors that yelled at me to take them home. And the Brown Sheep Wildfoote was very insistent that it be taken home immediately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 PM

    They look great! The matching up of the stripes is very impressive.
    By the way I am here from Harlot and am now back for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my blog! And, FYI, reading your "back entries" here has helped me stay sane through a pretty blue week. Thanks!

    Since you are the most prolific sock knitter I think I have ever seen, I have some questions for you if you don't mind. Don't want to pepper you in a comment. My email apparently doesn't show but it's dputiger93-at-yahoo-dot-com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the stripes line up perfectly! I like the name ;)

    ReplyDelete