Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Garter, Garter Everywhere

Needless to say, I am not at the Sock Summit this weekend. (Frankly, it's been so long since I knit a pair of adult socks that I'm not sure I'd be qualified to attend!) I am, however, knitting with a lot of sock yarn these days.

Thanks to the donations of Jess, I was able to finish the purple sock yarn blanket square ...

and I'm getting close to finishing a second:

I'm still chugging along on my Fountain Pen Shawl. I got about halfway through the ninth body repeat at Hurricane Knitting last night, but as it looks very much like it did the last time you saw it, I'll spare you another blue blob picture. Finishing it up will be my goal for the weekend -- a realistic one, too, because The Mister has promised to install my new harddrive (and then reinstall all the software I'll need) on my laptop this weekend, so my computer time will be severely limited.

3 comments:

  1. So enjoying seeing your progress on your blanket! I would send you yarn scraps, but I threw all of mine away in a fit of overzealous cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in kind of a sock funk, so I don't even feel a teeny bit jealous of the people who are going!

    I really like the right edge of the top square, you made argyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so amazed at how little yarn it takes! Looks good!

    I'm not at SS either... for my own obvious reasons. ;) But maybe next year. It is after all one of the only big things on the west coast!

    ReplyDelete