Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whoosh!

If you're wondering, that's the sound the past week made as it went by. Yes, it's been crazy, which is why the blog has been silent. I'll spare you the boring details, but rest assured that I have been knitting in between the chaos.

Like, for example, the pair of socks I finished last night at Hurricane Knitting:

These are exactly the same as the socks I finished for the Mister a couple weeks ago, except that I decided to spice up the ribbing with some cable twists. (And, obviously, these fit my feet and not his.) One sock twists to the right and the other twists to the left.

I have a fairly generous portion of yarn left over from the two pairs (somewhere in the vicinity of 40 grams), so I'm going to make two pairs for Rainbow -- one pair with cable twists like mine and one with plain ribbing, to match the Mister's.

I think that most future sock knitting will be exclusively for Rainbow, as a matter of fact. The reason? In preparation for getting the nursery put together, the Mister finally cleared out some drawers in our bedroom dressers for me, and I discovered that my sock drawer in the other room is close to filling two drawers now:

Looks like I'll be doing something else with all the sock yarn in my stash!

10 comments:

  1. All those socks are a thing of beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! and so many handknit socks - the ultimate indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks, and if you are really desperate to get rid of your sock yarn without making socks for yourself, I wear a size 7 shoe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Pretty, pretty socks. I love the cable twists.

    Look at all those socks! My sock supply is quickly dwindling - I've started blowing out the heels of the first pairs I made; 4 heels since the summer :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious of your sock drawer. I have a pretty good collection of finished pairs but half of every New Pathways pair is in my class bag as an example sock. This leaves me with virtually zero complete pairs in my sock drawer! Must work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Beautiful socks! I had to smile at your sock drawer...that's a lot of socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely! And I like how you twisted the cables in opposite directions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tiny cables :) very pretty socks. You can sure churn them out quickly too! no wonder that drawer is full. I keep giving mine away so I still have room in my own sock drawer.... though I think I have about 12 pairs of my own that I wear!

    I bet you'd kick butt in something like Sock Wars... I hope you aren't my assassin this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Are those just mini cables? I love them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them! Love the color! Love the cable twists....did you use a cable needle? Rainbow could always wear one of each on separate feet to support both parents.....prepare yourself.....babies and toddlers have a way of 'loosing' socks.....

    ReplyDelete