Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Wee Thing

Remember the thing that needed buttons and ends woven in? Shortly after posting, I did just that, and now I have another baby sweater done.


Pattern: Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, in Navy (~145 yards) and Feather Gray (~90 yards)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: January 9/January 17
Mods: worked four-row stripes

I enjoyed this pattern so much the last time I knit it that when I got an invitation for a baby shower a couple of weeks ago, I immediately went to pull out the pattern again. This time, because I didn't really have the time (or suitable fiber) to spin the yarn for it, I went for an old stand-by, Cascade 220 Superwash. I happened to find two very compatible colors in the orphans bin at my LYS, so I decided to up the excitement factor a bit by working stripes. I started and ended with the lighter color and used the navy for the cuffs and collar; the beauty of the top-down raglan is that the stripes match up perfectly.

The recipient of this sweater is due in mid-March, so I opted to make the larger size; with my difference in gauge (about 18 stitches over 4 inches, rather than the 15 stitches called for in the pattern), it may be able to be worn in the first couple of months and perhaps even into the fall. I happened to find buttons in my grab bag that were a virtual match for the beige yarn, so no additional button shopping was needed, and all that's left to do is give this a good blocking and wrap it up.

This is, I believe, the last of the baby knits for a while, though who knows who else might have an announcement in the next few months? (For the record? It won't be me.)

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Love it with stripes. I have one nearly-done for my son, but I still need a sleeve and the collar/button bands. No idea if he'll wear it much.

    As for your declaration that it won't be you...I said the same thing and then found out two weeks later that the aforementioned son was on his way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one snazzy baby sweater! Runway knitwear for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's one of my favorite baby patterns. it's adorable in stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby stuff is awesome. It's so stinkin' fast!

    ReplyDelete