Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spinning Motivation

I'm here with your weekly update on my sheep-to-sweater project. I must say that before I did this the first time, it seemed like such a big undertaking. Then, having done it once, it was still a big project, but one that was total doable. This year, with the miniSpinner, it's almost a piece of cake.


As of this afternoon, a full pound of singles have been spun (the eighth bobbin's worth not shown, as it's still resting on the bobbin). I spun 30 ounces last year and will probably do at least that much this year; if that's my final number, I'm more than halfway done spinning the singles. The miniSpinner does have something to do with the speed at which I've been spinning the fiber up, but I think I also have some good motivation in the form of the fiber that arrived at my door last week.


It's nearly impossible to capture the beauty of this fiber. It's 50% merino, 50% silk, and it really seems to glow. I am saving this until I am finished with the sweater spinning (or at least finished spinning the singles), both as a reward and as a means of keeping my consistency, but I really want to dig into it now!

3 comments:

  1. Si! I love the Millefiore too! Jewel tones is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you're doing really great! i already finished my millefiore and it is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy guacamole, that new fiber is absolutely gorgeous. Great composition on the sweater-spinning shot. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete