Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fourth Time's the Charm?

I know I didn't post a sweater spinning update yesterday; in truth, I didn't get as much spinning done as I was hoping to, but it was for a good reason. I spent a lot more time knitting than spinning last week because I am on a deadline!

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it, but my Tiled In Cowl is now available on Knit Picks as part of the Independent Designer Partnership Program as well as on Ravelry. After I posted the pattern in several places on Ravelry, including the Knit Picks Lovers groups, I got several requests for a matching hat. Who am I to turn down a request like that? I knit up some prototypes with yarn that I had on hand and then submitted a proposal to Knit Picks. The pattern is now in testing and tech editing, and after receiving yarn support from Knit Picks about a week and a half ago, I have been madly knitting up the samples with the hope of getting most hats done and in the mail by this weekend. I finished the women's sample late last week and am about halfway through the colorwork band on the men's version:


I still love the colorwork motif, but I will admit that I'm ready to move onto something different after knitting four hats with it!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Do you tell people that you're a knitwear designer? Because I really think that you can officially call yourself that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! Those hats are going to be popular. Go, you!

    ReplyDelete