Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Deadline Looming

I deal with tight deadlines all the time at work, but now I'm bumping up against one at home, too. As you know, I've been working on the baby blanket for a while now, and for a bit there it seemed like it wasn't getting any bigger. I'm happy to say that we've passed that stage and have moved on to pretty darn unwieldy:


I am on the penultimate stripe now and hoping to finish in the next day or two so I can send this off. Aside from the fact that I'm ready to be done with it (and ready to cast on for my Fall for Tosh sweater on Saturday), it occurred to me that the mom-to-be -- who's now officially overdue -- has not given birth yet because I haven't finished! If the Yarn Harlot is to be believed, a baby will not come until his or her knitting is finished, so I'm going to do my best to finish this as quickly as possible (though I'm secretly hoping the baby comes on Saturday, which also happens to be mom-to-be's birthday!).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:24 AM

    The blanket is beautiful. And I agree that Saturday would be a great day for the baby to come. It's my son's birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... All those stitches....

    ReplyDelete