Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Whole Lotta One Love

My SPAKAL spinning is finished! I started with a total of a pound of superwash merino combed top from Crown Mountain Farms, 8 oz. each in two colorways -- Whole Lotta Love and One (hence the mash-up in the title of this post). I split each bundle in half and then split each half into thirds, leaving me with six sections of each. To ply the yarn, I combined two plies of one colorway with one of the other, and of course I mixed up the order in which I spun the individual sections to get my finished yarn as consistent as possible. I saved all my leftovers (I ended each skein when one bobbin's worth ran out) and plied them all in a fifth skein at the end.


The finished yarn is more or less sport weight, which is exactly what I was going for, and approximately 950 yards. I swatched this afternoon and am just waiting for it to dry to measure gauge, but this is going to grow up to be a Goodale. If all goes well with the swatch, I'll be casting on tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. That's a whole lotta pink! I love the colour and the yarn itself looks wonderful. It's going to be a nice hit of colour in the grey of winter.

    ReplyDelete