Pages

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I've been feeling a little scattered lately. For one thing, there's this going on right outside my house:


This was supposed to have been a job of patching the concrete street, but apparently they've decided to just dig it up and repave the whole thing. That means that the street will be closed to traffic for about three weeks, meaning we're having to park our cars elsewhere. It's a real inconvenience, though I know it will be worth it when they're done. They did start work at about 7 a.m. this morning, though, so for once I'm super happy to be at work during the day (it's loud!).

I've been hopping from one project to another without feeling like I'm making much progress on any one. I did finish the second Cascade over the weekend and even bought buttons, though I have yet to sew them on or block the sweater. Maybe tonight.


I've also been working on my Window to My Soul, which saw a little action at knit night last night (including one smocking row). I've completed about an inch below the underarms, which means I have three more to knit before the switchover to stockinette.

During my lunch breaks, I've been swatching for a submission, and today I started a new design which I'm knitting as part of the Malabrigo Junkies Stockpile event on Ravelry. I think I mentioned earlier in the week that I'd picked up two skeins of Mal Sock, so now they're becoming a top-down shawl design. This should be a pretty basic design, but I'm interested to see if it ends up looking like it does in my head.

Finally, I've finished plying the Frabjous Fibers merino/sparkle, so tonight I'm hoping to skein and wash so I can show it to you over the weekend. I also need to measure out some fleece to start spinning on Monday.


I think I've come to the conclusion that I really need a day or two off to myself to focus on one thing or another -- but I have to wait until December for that! Oh well. Keep calm and carry on, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me that's busy and overly occupied, and dissatisfied with the weather... :)

    ReplyDelete