Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pattern Release: Pryce

After sitting on the design since earlier this year, I'm happy to tell you that Pryce has finally been released into the world.


Pryce is a fairly simple cloche-style hat, but it has two fun details -- a hemmed brim and a short-row welt detail. It's designed to be the perfect way to show off a really spectacular skein of hand-dyed yarn; the welts add a little texture to the fabric without detracting from a vibrant colorway. (In the case of the one seen here, it's madelinetosh tosh dk in the colorway Forestry.)


Pryce is available in three sizes -- child, adult small, and adult large (20", 22" and 24") -- with a fit that's fairly forgiving. Rainbow is modeling the smallest size, which also fits me (though it fits me more like a beanie and is a tad too shallow for my taste). It's knit in DK or light worsted weight yarn, and you'll need between 150 and 200 yards, so one skein should do it for most yarns.

It was snowing this morning, so it's officially time to break out the cold weather accessories, and Rainbow is so excited to have a new hat! This one knits up very quickly, so if you find yourself in need of something to keep your head warm, I hope you'll consider making one.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she sweet? I like the hat a lot. I need to see what handspun is calling to me...

    ReplyDelete