Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Discombobulated

It's been a very weird week, and it's messing me up. On Monday, Rainbow's preschool/daycare was closed for a teacher in-service day, so I was home with her. That in and of itself wasn't an issue, but it meant that all day yesterday I kept thinking it was Monday and had to keep reminding myself that it was already Tuesday. As if that wasn't enough, we are headed out of town on Friday to visit some family for the weekend, which means I have a three-day work week followed by (essentially) no weekend in which to get my usual errands and chores done. It will be great to see the family, but traveling is such a hassle.

It's been hard to get much crafting done this week, so everything is moving along at a snail's pace. I'm still working on my Malabrigo Stockpile shawl and have three sections left to do, provided my yarn holds out (I have officially reached that critical stage that I reach in all projects when my yarn looks like it won't be enough).


I'm still debating whether or not to bring this with me for the weekend; I think it may be a bit unwieldy, and there's always the question of whether or not airport security will let me through with it. I think perhaps a sock (on DPNs, even) might be a better bet, but that also means getting out the ball winder and swift to wind some sock yarn. I do have some DK and worsted wound for some small accessories, but those would require circular needles. In the end, I may stick one project in my carry-on bag and one in the checked bag if space allows.

Other projects are languishing at the moment. I haven't touched my Window to My Soul in a couple of weeks at least; it doesn't make a good travel project due to the charts, the cable needle, and the two attached skeins of yarn. And of course there's still the big pile of Spinzilla singles that need to be wound up before I can ply them. I've been doing about skein one a day when I can, but I think the rest may need to wait until next week.

I'm going to try to get a post to go up while I'm gone, but with all the packing and laundry and other preparing to do, that may not happen, so bear with me while things are weird. I'll do my best to get back on a normal schedule next week.

2 comments:

  1. Weird schedules are my specialty. I always feel a little sad about the weeks that end up pushing knitting and spinning to the side. I'm aware that something is missing, that feeling of accomplishment that progress of a project gives me. I doubt you'll have any problems with airport security and knitting but wrangling a toddler through airport security may be an entirely different affair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i doubt you will have problems flying with your shawl. i just traveled (4 flights total) with a pashmina shawl on circs in a box bag stowed in my purse and nobody batted an eye. i even brought fingernail clippers to use as scissors as it was a striped shawl and i needed to do color changes frequently.

    ReplyDelete