Usually I post spinning content on Sundays, but as Spinzilla finished up last night, I was busy using every available minute before I went to bed to spin. In the end, I think I did pretty well: I spun a total of 18 ounces, making up nine skeins and a total of 1,928 yards of singles.
Eventually, they will all be wound onto my high-tech "storage bobbins" like the two in the front, but in the meantime, I have a pile of ramen on my hands. I've opted to hand wind them rather than put them on the swift and use my ball winder because I know there are some weak spots in some of the skeins and I don't want them pulling apart on me. Breaks won't be a problem when I'm plying, but they'd be a major pain to deal with on the winder.
I will say that although my shoulder was a bit sore during the week because it's not used to being used like it was, my long draw technique vastly improved. My last two skeins in particular were pretty even and uniform (and my yardage for the two was almost identical, so I know that it's not just my eyes playing tricks on me).
The next step will be to ply up all these singles and see if I have enough yardage for a sweater for Rainbow. I have a feeling she will also want to dye the yarn if there is enough, so there may be some fun with Kool Ade or food coloring in my future!