Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2014

A Plethora of Stitches

I'm not sure why I thought it would be quick to knit two projects in fingering weight yarn this month. Sure, one was already a good way started, but there's still quite a bit of knitting to do. And top-down triangle shawls? The rows only get longer as you get further along.

The good news is that I have made visible progress. My Window to My Soul has about half a body done. I've finished the finicky yoke section (which means no more chart to refer to and no more cable needle needed), but now I'm in the midst of the long stockinette section of the body. If I remember correctly, I have to work in stockinette until the body measures something like 16" under the arm, and I think that meant about 11" of stockinette. I have 288 stitches on the needle right now (there's some increasing after you finish the yoke), and I'm still alternating skeins, so it's moving slowly. I haven't formally timed myself, but I think it takes me somewhere between five and 10 minutes to knit a row.

My camera refused to capture the color accurately

The shawl seems to have grown a bit faster, although now that I have more than 200 stitches on the needle the rows are obviously taking a bit longer to complete. I have already charted out the lace section and am anxious to get to it, but I have 40-ish more rows to do before I get there.


I have not even touched my handspun socks since last weekend, and I have a feeling that they're going to be in hibernation for a while.

The Mister and I are headed to a wedding in Virginia this weekend, and both Mad May projects will be coming with me -- what else would I be doing for 10 hours in the car when I don't have to drive?

1 comment: