As much as I hated interrupting the new-found mojo on my sweater, I decided that it really made much more sense to work on Rainbow's new sweater than mine -- hers is, after all, a short-sleeved sweater that won't fit her forever. So I've been working on it diligently for the past two evenings, and despite the fact that I'm knitting with fingering weight yarn (and a thin fingering at that), I'm seeing noticeable progress.
The sweater was cast on a week ago, but what you're seeing here is really only three evenings worth of knitting time. I know it looks tiny; trust me that it's bigger than it looks (it's just all bunched up on the needle here). Last night I got past the point where I put the sleeve stitches on holders, so I'm just working straight down at this point. I need to work a little more than an inch under where I joined for the underarm before the next step, and I'm hoping to get to that point this evening.
In design news, I did want to mention that I have two new shawl designs up for testing in my Ravelry group and still have a few slots open, so please take a look if you might be interested in test knitting one of the lace patterns you've seen here several times!