Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thank Goodness for Decreases

I have been enjoying a rare day off today. Rainbow's day care/school is closed for two days while they get ready for the start of the school year, so that meant I took off two days from work. I had envisioned two days of sleeping in, relaxing, and getting a lot of knitting done. Of course, that's not happening. I woke up -- on my own -- at around the normal time this morning. I slept in for about ten minutes, but then I figured I might as well get up. We were out the door by 8:30 to go to her dentist appointment and then run a bunch of errands. By the time I sat down to do any knitting today, it was after 1 o'clock -- and I started nodding off as I was knitting. So I managed to snooze for about half an hour.

Although I haven't been nearly as productive as I might have imagined, I am working on the crown of Rainbow's blue hat, which means the rounds are getting shorter and shorter.


As soon as I post this, I'm going to try to finish up the last 10 or so rounds so that I can weave in ends and block tonight. I have grand plans of finishing up the pattern and doing a photo shoot this weekend, but something tells me I won't get everything done.

Tomorrow I should be able to get more knitting done. We are hosting my parents for dinner for their anniversary, and I'm planning to bake a cake and make a brisket, so there will be lots of sitting around while the oven is on. Stockinette in the round, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment