Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pattern Release: Memmi Cowl

Several months ago, courtesy of Stefanie at Stitchcraft Marketing, I received a beautiful skein of madelinetosh pashmina in deep watery blues. I knew immediately that I needed to design a cowl with it, and I knew it needed to be in a stitch pattern that reminded me of waves and sea foam. I did some swatching and ended up with the cowl that I published this morning.


The Memmi Cowl is worked entirely in the round, so there is no seaming and only two ends to weave in. It starts and ends with 2x2 ribbing, and in between is a relatively simple textured lace pattern that uses only knits, purls, yarnovers, and simple decreases (k2tog and ssk).


As written, the finished cowl comes out to be about 40 in./127 cm around and 8 in./20.5 cm deep after blocking, but the pattern also tells you how to adapt the length and width. Additionally, though the sample uses sport weight yarn, this cowl would look great in just about any weight -- I think it would look equally lovely in a laceweight yarn with a bit of a halo and in a worsted or heavier yarn.

Should you wish to use the same colorway, you can find it at A Good Yarn in Sarasota, Fla. -- this colorway, Midnight Pass, is exclusive to them!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cowl! The stitch pattern shows off the color perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete