Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

All According to Plan

It's Tuesday, and I was finally back at work today after an unexpected five-day weekend. I hardly left the house the whole time -- just once on Sunday to do the grocery shopping and once yesterday to fill up my gas tank and put some air in my tires. It was the kind of weekend where I really didn't want to get out of my comfy clothes and go out into the cold, and, fortunately, I didn't really have to. I slept in, when possible; did some reading; and did a fair amount of knitting and spinning.

The spinning you saw on Sunday, and it hasn't progressed any since then, but the knitting is all new. For one thing, I cast on a hat for Rainbow and had it done in a couple of days. It might look a little familiar:


This is my own pattern again, albeit in a smaller size. I reversed the colors for hers, and I will likely still add a pompom (there is still plenty of yarn leftover, even after knitting two hats -- just another reason why I love this yarn!). Now that the two hats have been blocked, I can take some final measurements and do the needed calculations to finish up the pattern. With any luck, I'll be able to squeeze a photo shoot in next weekend and I'll have all the pieces I need to get it laid out and sent to the tech editor!

I cast on for a new hat yesterday, this one for me (though I expect it won't be worn for a while given that we're in a bit of a cold snap and it'll be a bit light for this weather). Part of my effort to knit down my stash includes my ever-growing stash of handspun, so I thought it would be great to participated in the 90% Knitting handspun knitalong. I pulled out a skein of Crown Mountain Farms Heinz 57 that I spun years ago (I don't remember exactly when, but the fiber was from an October 2011 club shipment). I'm using it to knit a Sandrine Slouch Hat, and while it's not a really fast knit, it is working up very nicely -- certainly nicer than this photo would have you believe.


I have not touched my sweater in probably more than a week, but I'm going to give it some attention soon. I spent most of the weekend wrapped up in an oversized sweater that's now in the laundry pile, so I could really use another one!

2 comments:

  1. I really love this colorwork, do you have a link to the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi UmmRania, the pattern is my own design and it hasn't been published yet, but it is in progress! I'll be sure to post about it when it's available!

    ReplyDelete