Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

A Friday FO

We've been lucky to have some beautiful weather here in Southwest Florida since we arrived late last week, but this morning we woke to rain -- rain that will likely stick around all day. It's a bummer, but it happens. Really all that means for me today is that I'll do an aerobic workout indoors rather than go for a run, and frankly my knees probably won't mind one bit. (On Wednesday, when it was cooler and the humidity was low, I ran only my second-ever 10K without stopping, so they could use a little extra rest from hitting the pavement!)

Thankfully the sun was out yesterday when I bound off my Hitchhiker:

I have a little bit of yarn left but definitely not enough for another repeat, so I decided to bind off when I got to the last "tooth" on the end. I'm a little bummed that I only have 41 teeth -- I was hoping for 43 to match my age! -- but I'm so happy with how the yarn worked up that I can't really be too disappointed. Every minute of knitting this was pure delight and so fast, especially when you consider that it took me less than a month to spin the yarn and knit the shawl. I really think this is the perfect pattern for handspun because you can work at any gauge and knit basically until you run out of yarn. I suspect I will be casting on a new one shortly after we get home and I have access to my handspun stash again.

Mo's friend went home yesterday, but today my best friend's parents -- longtime family friends -- are coming to stay with us overnight before they drive over to Miami to see their youngest daughter and her family, so we'll have some good company. And on Sunday we're planning to drive to the other side of the state to see my aunt and uncle. So we should have a nice weekend.

I'll leave you today with the rainbow I've been seeing every day as I walk or run past one of the many fountains in this development. Also, if you haven't seen it already, be sure to go visit Bonny's blog to see her stunning version of my Hydrophily pattern.

Have a great weekend! See you back here on Monday for a One Little Word check-in!

13 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous Hitchhiker, Sarah! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may hold the record for the fastest Hitchhiker ever, and a very lovely one at that! It is lovely to see that rainbow, fountain, and blue skies. We had 22 degrees this morning with 2.5" inches of rain predicted for tomorrow, so I hope you enjoy a wonderful FL weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 10K and your FO! A fine week in Florida, for sure! Enjoy that weekend ahead -- sounds like a perfect one. And I'm glad you had ideal weather while Mo's friend was with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the rain but the glow from your gorgeous Hitchhiker should keep you in a good mood! Sounds like you'll be making the most of the weekend, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I agree with Bonny - you Hitchhiker has to be the FASTEST one ever!!! And it is gorgeous Sarah. Your handspun is perfect for that pattern. Sounds like a nice weekend ahead for you - enjoy. As Bonny said, we are expecting a rainy weekend and chilly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Hitchhiker is great! I'm jealous of your little rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hitchhicker looks good. Wow lovely rainbow too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:19 PM

    What a nice week you are having. The hitchhiker is so nice and thanks for the tip about knitting it with handspun. A rainbow in your shawl and one above the fountain. That seems like a good omen for something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbows always make me smile, so I am happy to see more of them!

      Delete
  9. Your Hitchhiker turned out beautifully. Happy travels around Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Hitchhiker is the most gorgeous one I have seen (and I have seen a LOT), and it is because of your handspun. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had such a lovely time in Florida ... and going home with a finished shawl and a few books must feel good. Your hitchhiker turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete