Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tiny Obsessions

For the past several days, I have been entirely smitten with knitting a tiny sweater. After finding out that a cousin by marriage had had her baby a few weeks early, I became a woman on a mission to knit up a quick baby gift. I'd already been planning to knit for this baby, but I thought I had more time. Still, a newborn-sized sweater takes hardly any time. I cast on this Newborn Vertebrae on Saturday afternoon, and I've worked on it during one lunch break and a couple of evenings -- and I'm already ready to bind off the ribbing around the collar and fronts.


The sleeves should take me very little time, so the sweater should be done and ready to be mailed off in the next day or two. I might also try to knit up a matching hat, if I have enough time (I'd like to have it all packaged up by the time I leave for VKL Columbus on Thursday so the Mister can mail it on Saturday). Though the baby arrived a little early, this sweater won't fit for long, so I want to make sure it gets there as soon as possible. I'm using a skein of Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce that has been in my stash long enough that I don't even remember buying it! The colorway is called Poseidon's Love, and I'm really enjoying the two shades of blue between the shades of dark gray.

Since returning from Rhinebeck, I've also been obsessed with adding tiny balls of sock yarn leftovers to my crochet granny square blanket. It's grown a bit since you last saw it:


If you look closely, you can also see that my bag of leftover, which once was overflowing, now has some space in it. A lot of what's left in there is larger balls; I am trying to use up the smaller bits now before the rounds on this blanket get any bigger.

Reading had been a bit slow since last week, as I was waiting for several holds from the library, but I finally got to the front of the line for Milkman (on audio) over the weekend and am about a third of the way through it, and this morning I finally got notice that I've the ebook of Born a Crime waiting for me.

Finally, how about a not-so-tiny-anymore thing? We're getting closer to my brother's wedding, and the bridesmaids dresses -- with the exception of mine -- have all come in. Last night my brother dropped off Rainbow's dress.


Obviously she needs some alterations done, but I can't get over how old she suddenly looks. Can you believe my baby is almost a decade old?

3 comments:

  1. I had to look back at your ig photos when it looked you knit that sweater almost instantly, but you did! It's really beautiful in that yarn and a wonderful baby gift. And Rainbow does looks so grown up in her dress. Time flies when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow does indeed look very grown up! Gah, she needs to stop that right now!

    And, practically instant baby knits are so fun and so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - when did she get so TALL?! and that color ... yep, the teen years are coming soon :-)

    ReplyDelete