Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Well That Was Satisfying!

When you finish a big project, sometimes you need a quick and easy follow-up. And the spinning project I just finished definitely fit the bill.


It's still wet, but it's done! This is the Romney I won during Camp Spin 15 this summer, and it's now been plied and washed. I don't expect it to bloom much, if at all, so it looks like the finished yarn will be about DK weight overall. It's a bit uneven and certainly not as smooth and consistent as my typical three-ply fingering, but it was so satisfying to finish this skein as quickly as I did that I don't care. And plying this up in about an hour today felt like a good way to round out the weekend.

Normally Sunday nights are a bit depressing (really, does anyone like Mondays?), but this is going to be a short week -- Rhinebeck week! -- and Rainbow is coming to the office with me tomorrow because it's an in-service day at her school. Even if I'm busy, it's so much more fun to have her there.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sock to finish!

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors of that Romney! That is one of my favorite fibers :)

    And, yay for a short week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spinning is a great way to start out a fun week! Rainbow's company at work and the anticipation of Rhinebeck are indeed good things (along with hopefully finished socks).

    ReplyDelete