Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Making Plans and Tying Up Loose Ends

It's Thursday again, and I'm linking up with Carole and friends for Three on Thursday (even though it feels a bit like cheating) because I have three photos to share today.

First, my top priority today, as far as knitting is concerned, is finishing up my sister-in-law's socks. I am very close to the toe of the second sock and had hoped to finish it last night, but it ended up being a bit busier than I had anticipated. The good news is that I have one work meeting today and a board meeting this evening, so even if I get too busy to knit during the day, those two meetings alone should be sufficient time to knock out a toe.

I am also getting ready to cast on some new project, and to that end I have some yarn winding to do.


Tomorrow is the kickoff for one of the big knitalongs I participate in every year, and WIPs do not count (hence my goal to finish the socks), so I am getting things ready to start some new projects tomorrow. The yarn in the photo above is a sweater set from Fibernymph Dye Works that I bought specifically for Joji Locatelli's Radiate pullover (Ravelry link), and I am finally ready to cast it on. I'm still debating which size to knit; the 34.75" bust will just fit me in the chest (Joji recommends about 2 inches of positive ease), but the next size up, 38", will be pretty loose in the arms. The yarn is a superwash, which means I can coax some additional room out of it, so at this point I'm leaning toward the smaller size. Any advice is welcome!

Finally, I'll leave you with a sticker I spotted on a car yesterday while I was out on a walk. This same car also has a magnet on it for Rainbow's school, and it made me doubly happy to see this -- I hope you can get its meaning:

Have a wonderful weekend! See you back here on Sunday for some spinning.

12 comments:

  1. I figured out the sticker! I’m not usually good at these. Your KAL looks fun. I am planning to join a KAL it’s Woolly Thistle

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three photos are wonderful! The socks are lovely and bright, Radiate is going to be beautiful, and that sticker is genius! I admire the cleverness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever sticker - love it!! Those socks are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a moment, but I figured out the sticker!! Whew. I tend to be pretty slow with these types of things, but I think A LOT of this are thinking exactly this!!

    Your socks are coming along brilliantly! And I can't wait to follow along with Radiate - it's a gorgeous sweater and I'm excited to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever sticker. I think I've got it. The yarn for that sweater is swoon worthy. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant sticker. Gorgeous blues! And I vote for smaller size.
    Happy week-ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed cast on the smaller size and will see how it goes. I can always start over with the larger size if I need to!

      Delete
  7. Brilliant sticker! And, yes... that is my hope for Nov 3rd!! :)

    I have no wise words for that sweater, sadly :/

    And, I love love love those happy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Brit I am a little lost with your sticker. I read it has the 11 March 2020 at first, as that is how we read the dates here, and wondered if it was related to COVID, then I figured it was Election Day but I am lost with the first four numbers, guess they reference something related to that which is a little lost on me ;(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the sock yarn, it's just fantastic. Looking forward to seeing the sweater come to life and the hat looks really cool! Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The socks have yet to fail in making me smile every time I pull them out!

      Delete
  10. 86 him for SURE! ... and I am so excited to see how Radiate knits up with that gorgeous gradient set!! as to sizing - could you work the yoke for the 38" size and then cast on under the arms for the 34" size? seems like that might yield about a 36" bust ... and smaller sleeves?

    ReplyDelete