Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Happy Cardigan Day!

Happy Friday from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood! Did you know that today, while some may think of it as being an unlucky day (Friday the 13th and all that), is actually World Kindness Day? And it's also the birthday of everyone's favorite royal puppet, King Friday XIII! So today our local PBS station is celebrating Cardigan Day! I have already shared this photo on Twitter (and then Kat posted it on her blog this morning!), but here is the cardigan I am wearing today:

This photo was taken last year at the WQED Cardigan Party, and yes, that is David Newell, aka Mr. McFeely, posing with me!

In the interest of keeping Fred Rogers' spirit alive, I hope we can all make an effort to express kindness to one another. Given the concerning COVID numbers we've been seeing lately, I'd like to say that I consider wearing a mask and keeping my distance from others to be a great act of kindness. So please, be kind and be safe! And have a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your photo is wonderful! I told Kat that I thought you looked so happy, and it was hard to believe that this was just a year ago. I love your cardigan, and am glad you are celebrating by wearing it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the best PBS station, ever! And I love your cardigan today! It is perfect! (and your happiness just needs to be shared all over!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindness and cardigans -- a perfect way to celebrate Friday the 13th! (And that is just the best photo, Sarah.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo Sarah! And that cardigan LOVE it!!! Happy Friday - cheers to a glorious weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this picture! Can you believe that I did not grow up watching Mister Rogers? We didn't have PBS, sadly. But I'm thrilled that Amazon Prime has it and sometimes I turn it on when I'm cleaning because I love so much about it. I'm glad to see that you treasure this picture with Mr. McFeely - you look beautiful in it! (and your sweater does, too!)

    I love your request for kindness - wearing a mask is the perfect way to show kindness to those around us right now. I wish everyone realized that. You've always been so kind to me and my blog - so thank you for practicing what you preach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sweater and yes to more kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photo, love your cardigan...but your SMILE can't be beat! I was and continue to be a Mister Rogers devotee. I'm thinking that when COVID subsides, a Mister Rogers summer trip might be in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to a Mr. Rogers summer trip!

      Delete