Pages

Friday, September 16, 2022

An FO for Friday

I had hoped I'd have some modeled sweaters to share with you today, but it turns out that when the house is cool, it takes a bit longer for a cotton/linen sweater to dry. But my sweater is officially done!


I'm well aware that this is a particularly bad photo of it -- the light isn't great and there are still some visible wrinkles -- but it's at least proof that it's complete. I believe Kerri is planning to release the pattern today, so I finished just in time! I should note that I wasn't required to finish the sweater before the pattern was published, but it did work out that way, which makes me unreasonably happy. Of course I'll be sharing all the details when I do a proper FO post, likely on Monday, but I can tell you that the fit on this is perfect and I would not be surprised if I knit another one of these.

The garden isn't quite an FO yet, as we have several cantaloupes getting bigger by the day (and the first one getting ever closer to being ripe), some tiny bell peppers, and a handful of green tomatoes. I'm sorry to say that the squash I shared last week didn't last -- I found it on the ground, off the vine, the day after I posted it. But this week I found two more with blooming flowers, and so far they're still attached.


This afternoon Rainbow and I are going to get COVID boosters and flu shots (the Mister will get his on a later date so that we don't have an entire household of miserable people if we have aftereffects), and we have a quiet weekend ahead. I am hoping to make it to the bookstore to pick up Maggie O'Farrell's latest book (something I wanted to do last weekend but didn't get around to), and I'm going to try to spend as much time outside as I can to enjoy the good weather while it lasts. I hope you also get a beautiful weekend to enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. That sweater is really beautiful, Sarah! Nice finish! Have a great weekend and I hope you have no ill effects from your booster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful sweater and I can tell you're happy with it since you're considering another one! I hope you get to wear it before the weather cools off too much for short sleeves. Wishing you and Rainbow a gentle weekend with no side effects. Enjoy The Marriage Portrait and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sweater finish, Sarah. It looks so very wearable -- and I'm eager to see it on you. Enjoy the book, and I hope you have an easy time with the booster. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxious to see the details on the sweater. It looks like a great knit and one that you will wear. We probably should have gotten flu shots at the same time as the Covid booster but will do that in a couple of weeks. Enjoy the new Maggie O'Farrell book. It's on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your jabs went well and there were no side effects. My fingers are crossed for your new squash babies! I am looking forward to the new Maggie O'Farrell too -- it's sitting here beside me on my book cart, waiting to be picked up. I think it will have to wait until October but I hope you can get to it sooner than that!!

    ReplyDelete