Pages

Monday, September 12, 2022

Little Rest, but a Lot of Progress

Good morning, friends! It's always hard to wake up on Monday, but this morning it seemed a bit harder than usual, probably because I did not have an especially restful weekend. That was mainly for good reasons -- we were busy doing fun things! -- but part of me is wishing I slept a little more. Yesterday was a day of rain and general gloominess, so we crammed a lot into Saturday, including a trip to an art fair in a local park (called, appropriately, A Fair in the Park). I came home with what might be my new favorite coffee mug from a local potter:


The leaves are actually indented into the surface, so there's a bit of texture to the mug. The potter also had a lot of beautiful pieces featuring birds -- definitely click over to her site to take a look! She had so many bowls and mugs and vases I would have loved to take home but limited myself to just this one piece.

I had thought that yesterday would be a day to knit and read because of the weather, but Rainbow announced that she really wanted to make a trip to Michaels to pick up more kitchen cotton (isn't that music to every crafting parent's ears when your child wants to go yarn shopping?), so we took a little shopping trip yesterday afternoon. I'm happy to say that she found some yarn that pleased her and I purchased zero skeins for myself, though we also stopped at Marshalls and found some fun stuff, so I didn't come home empty handed. And in spite of all the activity over the weekend -- including a birthday party for my brother-in-law at a brewery on Saturday night -- I still made some serious knitting progress. My Quotidian Tee is finally looking like a real sweater!


Apologies for the terrible photo, but it's still very cloudy here this morning. As you may be able to see, I've completed the fronts and am working on the back. I'm hoping to finish the back today, which will mean all that is left is the (short) sleeves and collar. Kerri is planning to release the pattern this week, and while I don't have to have my version done just yet (she's given us until the end of the month), it would be great if I could finish mine up very soon -- not least because the weather is starting to cool off and I want to wear it before it gets too chilly for a t-shirt!

I'd also hoped to share some progress on the mate to this sock, but after working on it Friday and Saturday evenings and getting ready to transition from the cuff to the leg pattern, it wasn't working and I realized it was because I'd completely misread the instructions. So I frogged and restarted, and as there are only about two rounds of knitting complete, I didn't think it was worth taking another bad photo. 

Okay, time to finish chugging my coffee and get this day started! I hope to see some of you tomorrow evening for the Read With Us discussion of Sorrow and Bliss, and I'll be back with another update on Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Monday mornings are especially hard after a busy weekend -- even when the busy weekend was a fun one! Here's to an easy week for you, Sarah. (And I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a fun (if a bit tiring) weekend. I love that mug! It looks like it will hold plenty of coffee and feel good to hold. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes Mondays show up way too soon, especially when it's been a busy weekend. I'm wishing you an easy and peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new mug and I'm going to check out her website because...BIRDS!! Sounds like you had a good weekend and maybe you can catch up on some rest this week (wishing you an easy one). I'll see you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot for visible progress on that sweater! and wishing you a calm week to rest up for another fun weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that mug. I plan to look at the potter's website. Hooray for knitting out of the black hole on the Red T-shirt. I hope the week is calm and peaceful so you'll be ready for more fun when Friday rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mug is lovely, thank you for sharing the link to the potter! (She has some very lovely pieces!)

    And your sweater... wow... you are just flying on that! :) I am looking forward to our discussion tonight as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the link to that potter! I just fell into her rabbit hole of an Etsy shop :)

    I am loving your sweater - what a fun project! And I hope the Sorrow and Bliss discussion went well last night.

    ReplyDelete