Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

Time Flies

It's been a busy week, but all the same I was surprised to wake up this morning and realize it was Friday. Sometimes time gets away from you when you aren't paying attention because you're wrapped up in the hubbub of daily life.

I had apparently really missed spinning, because I've already finished my singles and am ready to start plying today. I don't know if I'll finish today (I really can't predict what will pop up for work), but I will certainly finish it soon.


Also in the "to be finished soon" category is the charity hat I started last week. I took it to my board meeting the other evening and got quite a bit knit, so now I'm working on the ribbing until I either run out of yarn or get tired of it, whichever comes first.


Speaking of time flying, today marks the five-year anniversary of the Tree of Life synagogue shooting. It still feels like it happened yesterday, even though so much has happened since then. Tonight we will be going to Shabbat services, which will be conducted jointly by our congregation and Tree of Life, and we will remember the lives of the 11 members of our community who were taken from us.

Tomorrow we'll be attending my brother and sister-in-law's annual Halloween party, and I can't wait to see what my nephew is going to be dressed as! Then, on Sunday, Mo and I are going to our local fiber festival, making its return after two years.

7 comments:

  1. Those singles! Wow! Beautiful!

    We will be thinking of Tree of Life today as well... I agree, it does not seem possible that five years have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five years. Oh, my. How can it be that long ago already, Sarah? I will be thinking of you - and holding your family and broader community in my heart today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- 5 years. It will be good to be in community tonight. I can’t wait to see what costume your nephew wears. We have one Mario character and one Garbage Truck in the making 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love how those singles spun up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does seem like just a short time ago but I'm glad you will be remembering the lives lost. I will be thinking of them also, along with all of the sad and suffering in the news. But I'm glad that there is also a Halloween party and fiber festival to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the services last night brought some comfort and peace to a horrible anniversary. I also hope you'll share fun photos of the Halloween party and costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attending a local fiber festival with Mo sounds like a great way to spend part of the weekend. And a Halloween party. It doesn't seem like the Tree of Life tragedy happened five years ago. A service of remembrance is a thoughtful way to mark the occasion.

    ReplyDelete