Pages

Monday, October 02, 2023

Weekending in the Sun

It was a beautiful weekend here, one that felt more like summer than fall, with highs in the 80s and lots of sunshine. I said we didn't have much planned, but somehow I managed to fill the time with a lot of activity. Mo and I really enjoyed the musical (though we snuck out a little early, during the encore, to beat the crowds rushing to the parking lots), and I got a lot of sock knit during it. We got there early so as to be able to park in the closest lot, and I managed to just get my waste yarn in for the afterthought heel before the house lights went down. You can see just how much I got knit after my last progress shot on Friday:


I only have a little more to knit on the foot of the second sock before the toe, and I think I should be able to finish all of it today. Then it's just the heels!

I also started spinning up the fiber I posted last week, and as I predicted, the high silk content is translating to very fine singles:


What you see on the bobbin is the result of about an hour of spinning -- not much at all! We'll see how long this spin takes me, but my next club shipment is due to be delivered today, so that's good motivation to keep at it.

We've got a typically busy week ahead of us. Mo's got play practice after school, she and I are going to get flu shots tomorrow evening (the Mister already got his at the doctor when he went in for his annual physical), and they're supposed to come and repair the washing machine (fingers crossed!) on Wednesday. I am hoping that after being very busy the last couple of weeks, work is a bit calmer this week. At least it's starting off bright and sunny!

11 comments:

  1. There is nothing prettier than a stripey sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Friday night! (and knitting!) Good luck with your flu shots and your washing machine repair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sunny and warmer too, but mornings and evenings are still cool enough for a flannel shirt! We are busy, busy, busy this week too and I have two conference calls today. I'd love for one or both to be cancelled, but I doubt that will happen. We already got our flu shots, but are booked for our boosters on Wednesday. Good luck with the washer and your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed a glorious weekend here, too! Such a gift at this time of year. Glad you enjoyed the performance! (The only part of going to concerts/performances I don't like . . . is getting out of the parking lots. Your strategy was wise!!!) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flu shot season! You won’t need it just yet but we are also planning that other booster vaccine 😉 and more beautiful socks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those striped socks are some of my favorites so far! I hope your week works out well, and that you end it with a working washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks are looking great! Fingers crossed for an easy washer repair on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got quite a bit of knitting done during the show! Glad you had a good time and employed a smart exit strategy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your October is off to a lovely start. and I'm not a fan of the afterthought heel, but your enthusiasm is making me wonder if maybe you have a better method for making the heel fit? please share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your work week is calm. The socks are really pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's starting to feel like way too long without a washing machine...!?!
    I just scheduled 4 COVID boosters for this weekend. I figured we'd all just get it out of the way. We'll see if that was a mistake! (No troubles in the past, but I do hear this one can usher in a bit of a headache.)
    Hope your week is calm and productive in all the best ways.

    ReplyDelete